Saturday, September 25, 2010

For tourists...

I was born in Santiago, exactly in Ñuñoa. I have lived all my life in Santiago and I don’t know many about other places of Chile. But, in spite of I was born here I neither know many Santiago. Even there are times that I feel like a tourist in my own city. However I recommend the following:

Currently, the first thing a foreigner tourist should visit in Santiago is “La Plaza de la Ciudadanía” (Plaza of Citizenship), located in front of the Moneda Palace, because in “La Plaza de la Ciudadanía” there is a big flag of country us. The flag is surprisingly big, it measuring 18 m (60 ft) in height and 27 m (90 ft) in length and it has 200 kilogram of weighs.

Also, they should visit “El Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes” (The National Museum of Fine Arts), because is a museum that shows the national artistic heritage through various activities such as exhibitions, lectures, conferences and seminars.

In addition, if the tourist wants to spend a pleasant and enjoyable time can go to “El Barrio Bellavista”. It is a place where popular bars, cultural centers and international cuisine coexist. Here the tourist can also access to parks, to Cerro San Cristobal where you find the zoo and they watch “El Río Mapocho” (The Mapocho River).


Other place that they should visit is “La Plaza de Armas”. It was the main civic center since the founding of the city by the Spanish. Therefore this place has a very old architecture such as “La Catedral Metropolitana de Santiago” (Santiago Metropolitan Cathedral). This Catedral is the sear of the Archdiocese of Santiago and the main temple of the Catholic Church in the country. Also, in the plaza you can be drawn by artists really good.

Finally, a tourist should go to eat to “El Mercado Central” (The Central Market). It is a place where you can enjoy of typical Chilean food such as: “Empanadas, Pastel de Choclo, Porotos con riendas, Mariscos, etc.”




Enjoy! =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tefa!
    I agree with you in this are very importants places to visit in the city, I didn´t born here, but I alredy know this places and they are very interesting.
    kisses! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!! nobody should ever miss "El Mercado" it's such a nice place to eat, all full of colours!

    ReplyDelete